Protecting Your Intellectual Property And Your Business
Logos, computer programs, proprietary information and art all have one thing in common: despite their lack of a tangible product, they are all crucial to the businesses that use them, and they deserve legal protection from infringement.
With a more than 35-year-long history representing Texas businesses, our team of more than 15 lawyers has the extensive experience and legal acumen to protect your intellectual property rights now.
To talk about your copyright, trademark or other intellectual property needs, set up an appointment at one of our two Amarillo office locations. Please call 806-705-7546 or complete our contact form. Our attorneys advise and represent clients throughout Texas.
What Every Business Owner Should Know About Intellectual Property
Intellectual property is a broad term that covers a wide range of business matters. In general, you can think of it as covering all the things a company produces that a customer cannot touch, such as logos, cookie recipes, software and fine art. The specific legal protections for these assets depend on what type of intellectual property is involved, namely:
- Trademarks: A trademark is a way that consumers can identify your product, like a logo or a symbol.
- Copyright: Copyright protects creative works like written works, artwork or music.
- Trade secrets: Trade secrets involve methods or means of producing an item or fulfilling a service that are unique to your business, such as recipes, unique ways of machining, specific grass fertilizer formulations and other similar items.
- Licensing of intellectual property: Licensing agreements allow another person or company to use your intellectual property, typically as a part of a paid contractual agreement.
- Computer & internet law: Information on the internet, such as websites, videos and other media are intellectual property with legal protections.
Our Amarillo trademark attorneys can help you navigate these complex issues.